Define Process and Procedure Help Properties for a Field
Use the Process and Procedure Help page in the Field Properties window to provide additional information to Users providing data in the Field in CSM. When you define process and procedure help, you define:
Good to know:
To define process and procedure help for a Field:
- Open the Field Properties window:
- In the CSM Administrator main window, click the Blueprints category, and then click the Create a New Blueprint task.
Note: If working on a saved Blueprint, open the existing Blueprint.
The Blueprint Editor opens, displaying the Object Manager in its Main Pane. The Object Manager lists the existing Business Objects.
- In the Object Manager, click a Business Object in the Object tree, and then click the Edit Business Object task in the Structure area.
The Business Object Editor opens.
Tip: You can also click the Edit Business Object button on the Blueprint Editor Toolbar to open the Business Object Editor.
- Click a new or existing Field, and then click the Field Properties button.
The Field Properties window opens.
- Click the Process and Procedure Help page.
- Define process and procedure help properties:
- Process and Procedure Text: Provide text that includes important information to Users who work with the Field.
- Additional Help URL: If additional information about the Business Object is available on an external website, provide the URL here. Then, click the Ellipses button to navigate to the URL and ensure it is correct.
- Information is Relevant to ITIL: Select this check box if the process and procedure text is relevant to ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library). When the Field is selected, an icon is displayed in the Process and Terminology section of the CSM Desktop Client Task Pane to indicate that the Field is related to an ITIL process.
- Information is Relevant to KCS: Select this check box if the process and procedure text is relevant to KCS (Knowledge-Centered Support) standards. When the Field is selected, an icon is displayed in the Process and Terminology section of the CSM Desktop Client Task Pane to indicate that the Field is related to a KCS process.
- Click OK.
- Publish the Blueprint (File>Publish Blueprint) to commit the changes, or save the Blueprint (File>Save Blueprint) to continue making other changes.