Schedule a Report Action
Use the Scheduler's Report Action to run a selected Report on a scheduled basis. When you schedule a Report Action, you select the Report to run and define any parameters (ex: Date range, priorities, etc.).
Good to know:
- If needed, create a new Report to run.
- Consider creating one Report with different parameters (ex: Prompts) so that you can reuse the Report with different values. For example, run a Date Range Report at the end of every month, end of every quarter, and end of every year. Or, run an Incident Report with different priorities or different categories.
- If a Report has parameters, you are prompted to set the values that the Scheduler will pass to the Report when you schedule the Report.
- To automatically print a Report, create a One-Step that prints the Report. Then, use the Scheduler to run the One-Step.
- For more information about Reports, refer to the Reporting documentation.
To schedule a Report:
- Click the Add button.
The Schedule Item Properties window opens.
- Click the Action page.
- In the Action drop-down, select Report.
- Select the Report to run, either:
- In the Report drop-down, select a most recently used (MRU) Report.
- Click the Ellipses button to open the Report Manager, and then select an existing Report or create a new Report.
- Select the preferred format for the Report. Available formats include:
- Select where to output the Report file: Click the Browse button to locate the Output file for the Report.
Note: This file must be creatable on the machine where the Scheduler runs. We recommend a UNC name.
- Click OK.