Incident Design Ideas
CSM provides an OOTB Incident workflow with all the features you need to successfully log/resolve Incidents and log/fulfill Requests. You can use this workflow as-is, or tailor it to meet the needs of your organization. Design ideas include:
- Fields: Change which fields are required and when, which fields support Rich Text, etc.
- Statuses: Change Incident statuses and/or the One-Steps that are initiated when an Incident enters each status.
- Form: Change the form theme (background and text color), tab order, and size. Change the threshold and/or colors for priority.
- Actions and One-Steps: Create Actions/One-Steps to automate your workflow, or implement any of the unused example One-Steps that are shipped with CSM (ex: "Notify Owned By of Edits" One-Step).
- E-mail: Change the templates that are used to create the e-mails sent by One-Steps or Automation Processes (ex: Resolved Confirmation). The e-mail templates are defined as part of the One-Step. Or, disable/change when and to whom notifications are sent.
- Automation Processes: Enable/disable the Automation Processes that monitor Incidents (ex: Monitors for SLA resolve/respond by deadline breaches, automatic notification e-mails, etc.) Consider creating Automation Processes to notify stakeholders of a Major Incident or to coordinate a Major Incident effort.
- Validated field values: Use Table Management to add/edit Lookup Object values to use in drop-down menus (ex: Cause Codes).
Note: Detailed step-by-step instructions for the above is beyond the scope of this document. Refer to the online help for this detailed information.