Platform Version Requirements: 5.0.0 or later
Out-of-the-Box Content Version Requirements: None
Prerequisite Requirements: None
The RACI for Task mergeable application (mApp) provides functionality that allows you to define the role of each stakeholder for Tasks related to ITPT Projects. Stakeholders include:
- Responsible: User who is responsible for the Task (assigned the Task). This stakeholder can lock the RACI Matrix and RACI Stakeholder forms so that they cannot be edited.
- Accountable: User who is accountable for the Task (created the Task). This stakeholder can lock the RACI Matrix and RACI Stakeholder forms so that they cannot be edited.
- Consulted: User or Customer who provides the expertise necessary to complete the Task. This stakeholder can be e-mailed directly from the RACI Matrix form.
- Informed: User or Customer who is notified about the status of the Task. This stakeholder receives automatic notifications when the status of the Task changes, but can also be notified manually from the RACI Matrix form.
The RACI Matrix is configured in CSM Administrator using the Task Object and is used in the CSM Desktop Client using the Task Form. When a Task is created, the responsible and accountable stakeholders are automatically assigned. Then, the Task creator assigns up to five additional Users and/or Customers as stakeholders who are consulted and informed.
This mApp includes multiple features, including Business Objects (ex: RACI Actions, RACI Roles), an Automation Process (Notify RACI I), Widgets (ex: RACI Task Overview, Stakeholder RACI Tasks, etc.), a Dashboard (RACI Dashboard), and One-Steps (ex: Add New Stakeholder, Disable Matrix, etc.).
How the mApp Works
CSM provides RACI for Task as a mApp so that Users can easily incorporate RACI roles into their existing system. Download the mApp from the Cherwell mApp Exchange. Use the Apply mApp wizard to apply the mApp to your CSM system. The Apply mApp wizard generates a Blueprint, which can then be viewed and published to a test or Live system to commit the changes.
The mApp includes the following items:
Steps to Apply the mApp
To apply the mApp, perform the following high-level steps:
- Download the mApp.
- Apply the
mApp using the Apply
mApp wizard in
Note: On the Amount of User Interaction page of the mApp wizard, select the Make reasonable decisions, but ask me if unsure option. Then, select the Enabled check box to display the RACI Matrix tab in the Form Arrangement for Incident and/or ITPT Project.
Steps to Configure the mApp
After applying the mApp, perform the following high-level steps to configure the mApp:
Steps to Use the mApp in the CSM Desktop Client
To use the mApp in the Desktop Client, perform the following steps:
- Create a RACI Matrix for a Project Task.