Print a Grid
Print a Grid so that you can produce a hard-copy version of your data. When you print a Grid, you define:
- Which columns to print and in which order.
- Printer options: Which printer to use, printer page setup (ex: Paper, orientation, margins). These vary by printer/driver.
- Print layout options: Forced resizing, shading, and page numbering.
Good to know:
- Use the Preview button to preview on your screen what your printed Grid will look like when printed.
To print a Grid:
- In a Grid, click File>Print Grid or Right-click>Print Grid.
The Print Grid window opens.
- Select the columns you want to print by moving them to the Selected Fields box:
Note: By default, all rows are selected.
- Use the Left and Right Arrows to move columns from/to the Selected Fields box.
- Use the Up and Down Arrows to order the printed columns.
- Define the printer options:
- Printer: Select the printer to which to print.
- Page Setup: Click this button to define basic paper setup options (ex: Paper, orientation, margins).
- Font: Click this button to define the font, font style, and font size for the text on the printed Grid.
Note: Page Setup and Font options vary according to the driver of the selected printer.
- Define the print layout options:
- Force width to single page: Select this box to resize the printed Grid so that it fits on a single page (does not off trail off the edge.
- Shade alternate rows: Select this box to add a gray shade to every other row of the Grid.
- Number pages: Select this box to add a page number to the footer of the printed page.
- Preview: Click to this button display a preview of the Grid before you print it.
- Click OK.