Out-of-the-Box IT Portal Site
CSM provides an Out-of-the-Box (OOTB) IT Portal Site to get started. This OOTB IT Portal Site is built using OOTB Site Items and predefined properties (below). We recommend that you implement this OOTB Site so that you can explore the features. Later, tailor it, or create new Sites to meet the needs of your organization. OOTB Site Items include:
OOTB properties include:
- General properties: Defines the name (IT) and associated Document Repository (Default Portal Documents).
- Display properties: Defines the Startup Item to display when first accessed (a Dashboard named Portal (not logged in)) and the alternate Startup Dashboard to display upon login (Portal Default). Also, defines the Theme and Search Control (both are OOTB).
- Banner properties: Defines the title (Company Portal) and Subtitle (sample contact number), as well as the colors (white text on a blue background).
- Footer properties: No footer is used.
- Menu bar properties: Defines which items to display on the menu bar (Home, Service Catalog, Public Documents, and Charts and Items). Reset Password is a conditional menu bar item, and displays only when the Portal (not logged in) Dashboard is active. The Bomgar Chat Request menu item is also conditional, and displays only when Bomgar is enabled.
- Localization properties: Nothing defined.
The following figure shows the OOTB IT Portal Site with the Home Logged-in Dashboard active in the Main window:
- The banner shows the Site title and a contact phone number.
- The Site Selector provides login access and Portal Site access if more than one Portal Site has been established (ex: OOTB IT Portal, OOTB HR Portal, OOTB Corporate Portal, etc.).
- The Site menu bar provides access to the Service Catalog, a Document Repository (Public Docs), and metrics (Charts and Items).
- The Search Control enables search capabilities.
- The Home Startup Item is the Logged-in Dashboard (Portal Default) that directs Customers to log and/or view Incidents and Service Requests (6), find help by browsing Knowledge Articles and FAQs (7), and manage their devices through Service Requests (8). The Dashboard also displays live metrics (global and personal) (9) and a live Discussion Board (10).
Note: Bomgar Remote Support Center is included on the OOTB IT Portal; however, it is disabled in the Portal until Bomgar is configured in CSM Administrator. Bomgar must be purchased separately.