Configure User Task Pane and Search Control Settings
Use the Task Pane and Search page in the CSM Options window to configure the following User Task Pane and Search Control settings:
- Which default items appear in the Task Pane.
- Which Search Control is used on the CSM menu bar.
Good to know:
- Global Task Pane and Search Control settings are initially configured in CSM Administrator, and can vary by Role.
- If a User has security rights, he can override Global/Role Task Pane and Search settings and configure his own personal Task Pane and Search settings.
To configure User Task Pane and Search Control settings:
- Click the Task Pane and Search page.
- Configure Task Pane settings:
- View or hide sections.
- Add new sections.
- Configure sections (only applicable to new sections).
- Delete sections (only applicable to new sections).
- Organize sections.
- View or hide the following sections in the Task Pane (check or uncheck the corresponding check box):
- Quick Search
- Common Tasks
- Process and Terminology
- Customer Information
- Add items to the Task Pane (if not using the Default Task Pane Setup):
- Click Add (Default Task Pane Setup must be unchecked to allow adding items).
The Task Pane Section window opens.
- Specify a name for the Task pane section.
- Click Add.
The Action Manager opens.
- Select the items you want to appear in the Task Pane (Calendars, Commands, Dashboards, Document Repositories, One-Steps, Reports, Searches, or Visualizations).
- Customize the CSM Search Control in the menu bar Search Options:
- Use Default: Use the Default Search Menu Search Widget, which allows Users to run a Quick Search on multiple Business Objects simultaneously (ex: Knowledge Article, Incident, Problem, and Change Request). Users can also select a Business Object in the drop-down to search one item at a time (Specific Search).
- Use Search Widget: Click the Ellipses button to open the Widget Manager and select an existing Search Widget or create your own.
- No Menu Bar Search: Remove the option to search from the menu bar.
- Click OK.