Define Approval Configuration for a Business Object
Use the Advanced page of the Approval Editor to define the Approval configuration for a Business Object. This is typically done after defining an Approval Relationship and Approval Block ID field, but before creating Approval Blocks. When you define an Approval configuration for a Business Object, you select:
To add Approvals to a Business Object:
- Click the Advanced page.
- Define the Approval configuration for the Business Object:
- Relationship Holding Approvals: In the drop-down, select the Approval Relationship you created.
- Field Holding Description: In the drop-down, select the Field in the Major Business Object that will contain the description of the Approval.
Note: If you are using OOTB content, this Field is called Description.
- Field Holding ID of Selected Approval: In the drop-down, select the Approval Block ID field you created.
- Generate Approvals: In the drop-down, select an option for initiating the Approval to be created:
- When trigger condition is true: Select this option to generate Approvals based on the trigger condition.
- When record is saved: Select this option to generate Approvals when the Major Business Object record is saved and the trigger condition occurs.
- Click OK.
- Publish the Blueprint (File>Publish Blueprint) to commit the changes, or save the Blueprint (File>Save Blueprint) to continue making other changes.