The Form Editor is a tool within a Blueprint in CSM Administrator that allows you to manage (create, edit, and delete) Forms, and to define how a Form and its Controls look and behave.
The Form Editor is dynamic; when you make changes, the changes are immediately reflected in the preview. Publish the Blueprint to commit the changes.
- Form menu bar item: Displays Form-specific commands. This menu bar appears on the Blueprint Editor menu bar only when a Form is active in the Object Manager.
- Toolbar: Displays common commands for formatting the appearance and behaviors of a Form and its Form Controls. The Blueprint Editor toolbar is also available with commands for cut, copy, paste, delete, etc.
- Form drop-down: Lists the Forms defined for the selected Business Object (ex: Default, Basic Info, etc.).
- Search Control/Ignore Folders button: Use to quickly locate and display Fields. Use the Search Control to quickly locate a Field whose Name and Description contain a specific word or phrase (ex: OwnedBy). Use the Ignore Folders button to ignore the organizational folders and display all Fields at the root of the list.
- Field tree: Lists the Business Object Fields you can add to the Form (as Controls). Fields are organized alphabetically and by folder.
Tip: Create, edit, and delete a Field directly from the Form Editor by right-clicking in the Field tree.
- Control tree: Lists the Form Controls you can add to the Form.
- Form preview: Displays a dynamic preview of the Form.