Define General Properties for a Field
Use the General page in the Field Properties window to define general properties for a Field, including:
To define general properties for a Field:
- Open the Field Properties window:
- In the CSM Administrator main window, click the Blueprints category, and then click the Create a New Blueprint task.
Note: If working on a saved Blueprint, open the existing Blueprint.
The Blueprint Editor opens, displaying the Object Manager in its Main Pane. The Object Manager lists the existing Business Objects.
- In the Object Manager, click a Business Object in the Object tree, and then click the Edit Business Object task in the Structure area.
The Business Object Editor opens.
Tip: You can also click the Edit Business Object button on the Blueprint Editor Toolbar to open the Business Object Editor.
- Click a new or existing Field, and then click the Field Properties button.
The Field Properties window opens.
- Click the General page.
- Define general information for the Field:
- Name: Provide a display name to use within CSM.
- Internal name: When you provide a display name, the internal name is automatically populated with the Field display name (can be changed if needed). The internal name is the name given to the Field in the Business Object's database table. An internal name can only have letters, digits, and underscore characters.
- (Optional) Description: Provide a description to use within CSM.
- Field Type: In the drop-down, select a Field type (Text, Number, Logical or Date/Time).
Note: If you defined a name, type, and size for the Field directly in the Business Object Editor Grid, your selections will be reflected in the Field Properties window.
- Track Changes to Field: Select this check box to track changes made to the Field in the Business Object's history.
Note: In order for Field changes to be tracked, the Business Object must have a history Relationship and Track Field Changes defined on the History page of the Business Object Properties window.
- Define general Field properties (varies based on Field type):
- Click OK.
- Publish the Blueprint (File>Publish Blueprint) to commit the changes, or save the Blueprint (File>Save Blueprint) to continue making other changes.