Create a Blueprint
Use the Create a New Blueprint task (accessed from the CSM Administrator main window) to create a Blueprint.
To create a Blueprint:
- In the CSM Administrator Main window, click the Blueprints category, and then click the Create a New Blueprint task.
Tip: You can also create a Blueprint by clicking Create a New Blueprint in the Common Tasks section of the CSM Administrator Task Pane.
A Blueprint is created, and its interface, the Blueprint Editor, opens. By default, the Object Manager is displayed in the Blueprint Editor's Main Pane. The Blueprint is unnamed (called New Blueprint*) until saved to a named Blueprint file (.bp).
- Immediately, save the Blueprint to a named .bp file (File>Save As).
The name of the saved, named Blueprint is now displayed.
- In this named Blueprint, you can now:
- Manage System Objects: Create, edit, and delete Business Objects, Fields, Forms, and Grids.
- Manage Business Object Data: Create, edit, and delete data from Supporting Objects and Lookup Objects using the Data Editor.
- Manage CSM Items (ex: Dashboards, Search Groups, One-Steps, etc.) at a system level: Use the various CSM Item Managers to manage and store CSM Items at a system level. Managing and storing CSM Item definitions at this level (in a Blueprint scope) ensures that only administrators can access and edit them.
- Access the following Blueprint tools/functionality:
- As you make changes, save the changes to the named open Blueprint (click the Save button ). When ready, publish the Blueprint to commit the changes.
Tip: Periodically scan your Blueprint to find potential errors.