Define a Run a One-Step Action for a One-Step
Use the Run a One-Step Action to run another One-Step. This is useful if you create a One-Step with common functionality and want to use it inside other One-Steps. For example, you might have a Customer Feedback Survey One-Step that runs from other One-Steps after they execute Actions against the Customer's Records.
To define a Run Another One-Step Action:
- Create a One-Step.
- On the General page in the One-Step window (accessed from within the One-Step Manager), click Add, and then select Run Another One-Step.
The Run a One-Step window opens.
- Define general properties for the Run a One-Step Action:
- Name: Provide a display name for the Action (this is how the Action is identified in the One-Step interface).
- Select the One-Step to run:
- One-Step: Select this radio button to select a specific One-Step, and then select a most recently used (MRU) One-Step in the drop-down. Or, click the Ellipses button to open the One-Step Manager, and then select an existing One-Step or create a new one.
- Based on Scope and Value: Select this radio button to have the Action select a One-Step based on a specified scope and Token Value. Then, select the scope of the One-Step in the drop-down menu. Click the Selector button to open the Token tree and select a Token that holds the One-Step’s name or ID.
- Define the number of times the One-Step should run: Provide a number or use the Up/Down arrows to increase/decrease the number of times the One-Step should run. This is useful if you need to run the same One-Step multiple times.
- Click OK.