Define a Go to a Field Action for a One-Step
Use the Go to Field Action to move to a particular Field or tab (in the Form Arrangement) in the active record.
Note: This Action is only available if the One-Step is associated with a Business Object when it is created.
To define a Go to Field Action:
- Create a One-Step.
- On the General page in the One-Step window (accessed from within the One-Step Manager), click Add, and then select Go to a Field.
The Go to Field window opens.
- Define general properties for the Go to Field Action:
- Name: Provide a display name for the Action (this is how the Action is identified in the One-Step interface).
- Define which Field to have the Action navigate to:
- Go to a Field: Select this radio button to have the Action navigate to a specified Field in the associated Business Object. Then, select a Field in the drop-down.
Note: You can select Fields from the main object as well as from related objects.
- Go to a Tab by Relationship: Select this radio button to have the Action navigate to a tab in the Form Arrangement based on a specified Relationship. Then, select a Relationship in the drop-down.
Example: If you select Incident Links Problem as the Relationship, then the Go to a Field Action will navigate to the tab that shows the Problems linked to the active Incident.
- Go to a Tab by Index: Select this radio button to have the Action navigate to the specified tab number on the active record (ex: If you pick 1, the Action navigates to the first tab in the Form Arrangement). Then, provide a number or use the Up/Down arrows to increase/decrease the number.
- Click OK.