Define a Work with a Queue Action for a One-Step
Use the Work with a Queue Action to perform Queue operations. For example, create a Problem from an existing Incident (Create a Business Object Action), and then add the newly created Problem to the Problem Management Queue.
Note: This Action is only available if the One-Step is associated with a Business Object when it is created.
To define a Work with a Queue Action:
- Create a One-Step.
- On the General page in the One-Step window (accessed from within the One-Step Manager), click Add, and then select Work with a Queue.
The Queue window opens.
- Define general properties for the Work with a Queue Action:
- Name: Provide a display name for the Action (this is how the Action is identified in the One-Step interface).
- Operation: In the drop-down, select the Queue operation to perform:
- Add: Select this option to add the active record to a Queue.
- Remove: Select this option to remove the active record from a particular Queue or from all Queues where it exists.
- Check Out: Select this option to check out the active record from a Queue.
- Check In: Select this option to check the active record into a Queue.
- Suspend: Select this option to suspend the active record from a Queue so it cannot be checked out.
- Unsuspend: Select this option to unsuspend the active record from a Queue so it is available for checkout.
- Select the Queue to use for the Work with a Queue Action:
- (Optional) Define History comments to attach to the active record's history:
- Provide text directly in the field.
- Click the Selector button (or right-click in the field) to open the Token tree and insert Business Object Fields (from the active Business Object (if there is a Business Object context) and all of its related objects), System Functions, Prompts, Expressions, Stored Values, Counters, filenames, file contents, or variables into the text.
- Click OK.