Define an Excel Merge Action for a One-Step
Use the Excel Merge Action to create Excel files that contain data from CSM. For example, create a One-Step for a Dashboard that exports Incident data into an Excel file to create a monthly "scorecard" of all Incidents within the last 30 days (including total number of Incidents, how many were closed, the percentage closed on first call, the average time it took to close Incidents, etc.).
To define an Excel Merge Action:
- Create an Excel template.
- Create a One-Step.
- On the General page in the One-Step window (accessed from within the One-Step Manager), click Add, and then select Excel Merge.
The Excel Merge window opens.
- Define general properties for the Excel Merge Action:
- Name: Provide a display name for the Action (this is how the Action is identified in the One-Step interface).
- Select the template to use for the Excel Merge Action:
- File: Select this radio button if you saved your template to a location other than the Attachment Manager. Then, provide the name of the template file, or click the Ellipses button to navigate to the file.
- File Manager: Select this radio button if you saved your template file in the Attachment Manager. Then, click the Ellipses button to open the Attachment Manager and navigate to the file.
- Define what to do with the data outputs from CSM:
- Save to File: Select this check box to save the output to a file. Then, provide the file name or click the Ellipses button to navigate to the file on your computer.
Tip: You can create and use a Temporary Filename to create a temporary file that goes away after a One-Step is finished executing. Right-click in the File field to open the Token tree, and then click Filenames>New Filename.
Note: If you save the data outputs to an Excel file and want the file to open automatically after the One-Step runs, you can add a Post-Step with a Run a Program Action. Specify excel.exe in the Filename field, and then provide the name of the saved file as the command-line argument. If you used a Temporary Filename, insert it as the filename (right-click to open the Token Selector, and then click Filenames>(your filename).
- Print: Select this check box to print the file. Then, in the drop-down, select the printer.
- Click the Page Setup button to select paper size, paper source, orientation, and margin size.
- Click OK.