Define a Run a Report Action for a One-Step
Use the Run a Report Action to automatically run a report that was created using the Cherwell Report Writer™. For example, add a One-Step to an Automation Process to periodically run a report of all open Incidents assigned to you, and then print the report or save it to a file.
To define a Run a Report Action:
- Create a One-Step.
- On the General page in the One-Step window (accessed from within the One-Step Manager), click Add, and then select Run a Report.
The Run Report window opens.
- Define properties for the Run a Report Action:
- Name: Provide a display name for the Action (this is how the Action is identified in the One-Step interface).
- Report: Click the Ellipses button to open the Report Manager and select a report for the Action to run.
- Data: In the drop-down, select what the report should use as data:
- Use Report Criteria: Select this option to have the Action run the report exactly as designed. For example, the report might have been defined to run against a particular Search Group.
- Current Record: Select this option to have the Action run the report against the active record (the single record selected before running the One-Step).
- Current Group: Select this option to have the Action run the report against the current group of records. For example, if you ran a Quick Search for all Incidents containing the word "print," and then executed the One-Step, the list of records resulting from the search would become the data for the report.
- Define options for outputting the report after it runs.
- Print: Select this radio button to print the report. Then, select a printer in the drop-down (the menu shows all printers you are connected to). Click the Settings button to define the number of copies to print and whether or not to collate.
- Write to File: Select this radio button to export the report to a file. Then, provide a file name or click the Browse button to select an existing file. In the drop-down, select a file format. CSM supports the following export formats:
- Click OK.