Define a Send Tweet Action for a One-Step
Use the Send Tweet Action to post a new Tweet to a Twitter account. For example, add a One-Step to a Twitter button on the Problem Form to tweet the Resolution description when the Problem is closed.
Note: To use Twitter buttons on a Form or Dashboard, you must first create a Twitter Account and Activate Twitter Buttons.
Good to know:
- Tweets are limited to 140 characters. If the total text, including inserted Tokens, exceeds 140 characters, the text will be truncated. The Characters Remaining indicator at the bottom of the Send Tweet window tells you how many characters you have left.
To define a Send Tweet Action:
- Create a One-Step.
- On the General page in the One-Step window (accessed from within the One-Step Manager), click Add, and then select Send Tweet.
The Send Tweet window opens.
- Define general properties for the Send Tweet Action:
- Name: Provide a display name for the Action (this is how the Action is identified in the One-Step interface).
- Account: Click the Ellipses button to open the Twitter Account Manager and select the account to which the Tweet should be posted.
- Define the Tweet contents.
- Provide text directly in the field.
- Click the Selector button (or right-click in the field) to open the Token tree and insert Business Object Fields (from the active Business Object (if there is a Business Object context) and all of its related objects), System Functions, Prompts, Expressions, Stored Values, Counters, filenames, file contents, or variables into the text.
- Click OK.