Schedule a Publish Blueprint Action
Use the Scheduler's Publish Blueprint Action to publish Blueprints to your CSM system on a scheduled basis. When you schedule a Blueprint Publish Action, you define:
- Which Blueprint to publish.
- Whether or not to back up your database before the publish.
Good to know:
- Back up your database before publishing Blueprints. This allows quick recovery if you discover a problem with the changes you published.
- Schedule the publish for after business hours when all Users are out of the system.
- For more information about Blueprints, refer to the Blueprints documentation.
To schedule a Blueprint Publish Action:
- Click the Add button.
The Schedule Item Properties window opens.
- Click the Action page.
- In the Action drop-down, select Publish Blueprint.
- Click Browse to locate the Blueprint file to publish.
Note: This directory must be available on the machine where the Scheduler runs. A UNC name is recommended.
- Select the Backup Database check box to back up your database before the Blueprint publish. Then, select database backup options:
- Directory: Provide the directory name, or click the Browse button to select a directory where the database backup file will be stored.
- File Name: Provide the file name to use for the database backup file.
- Append date/time to file name: Select this check box to append the current date and time to the file name. This ensures that you do not overwrite previous backups with the same name by adding the most current date/time stamp to the backup file name.
- Click OK.