Configuring Stored Values
Complete the following procedures to configure Stored Values. Security rights are configured in CSM Administrator. Values for the default Stored Values are configured in either CSM Administrator or in the CSM Desktop Client.
To configure Stored Values:
- Configure Stored Value security rights: Configure who can access Stored Value functionality.
- Configure values for the default Stored Values (in the Stored Value Manager): CSM ships with several default Stored Values, including many to help you implement CSM. Use these as-is, edit them, or create new ones.
- Organization Name and Organization Image Stored Values so that Users can personalize CSM. Refer to Configure Organization Logo and Name in the CSM Implementation Guide for more information.
- Current System Stored Values that allows Users to configure test and production e-mail accounts and migrate the system from testing to production. Refer to Configure Test and Production Accounts and Configure the Production E-mail Account in the CSM Implementation Guide for more information.
- SLA Model Stored Values that define how an SLA is calculated. Refer to Define an SLA Model in the CSM Implementation Guide for more information.
- Current System Twitter Integration Stored Value that activates (or disables) Twitter buttons on a Business Object form (ex: Problem).
- Bomgar Remote Support Service Stored Values: If a User has the Bomgar Integration, use these to control the visibility and behaviors of default One-Steps that execute Bomgar commands.