CMDB Design Ideas
CSM provides OOTB CI workflows with all the items you need to successfully create CIs. Use these workflows, or tailor them to meet organizational needs. Design ideas include:
- Fields: Change which fields are required and when, which fields support Rich Text, etc.
- Statuses: Change CI statuses and/or the One-Steps that are initiated when a CI enters each status.
- Form: Change the form theme (background and text color), tab order, and size. Change the threshold and/or colors for Open Incidents logged against a CI.
- Actions and One-Steps: Create Actions/One-Steps to automate the workflow.
- E-mail: Change the e-mail templates that are used to create the e-mails sent by One-Steps or Automation Processes. Or, disable/change when and to whom notifications are sent (ex: Send a notification to a computer owner whenever their CI Record changes).
- Field Value Options: Use Table Management to add/edit Lookup Object values for use in drop downs (ex: Computer Manufacturer).
- Visualizations: Add, remove, or edit Upstream or Downstream Relationship options.