A Portal Site is a collection of self-service information in a CSM Portal that is dedicated to a topic or function. A Portal can display one or many Sites. Examples include:
- A company support Site (single site Portal).
- A Site for each department (IT, HR, Support. etc.).
- A Site for each locale (US, Germany, Chile, etc.), although a single Site can be configured to be available in multiple languages.
A Portal Site is highly configurable and can be tailored to meet branding and layout needs. The Site can display an Application Bar (Login, Site Selector, etc.), an informative banner/footer, a menu bar, a Search Control, and a Startup Item (ex: A Dashboard).
- Application Bar: Displays the Site Selector, login menu, Language Selector, and CSM logo (which, when clicked, displays information about Cherwell Software).
- Banner: Displays Site and background image, title, subtitle, and baseline text.
- Menu bar: Lists the Site Items and/or supporting Actions. Click a Site Item to display its contents in the Main pane or its list of supporting Actions.
- Search control: Searches the Portal.
- Main Pane: Displays the Startup Item. This could be a Dashboard, a Report, a list of records (Search Group), the record currently being edited, etc.