Browser Client Tools (Contact Manager, Table Management, CMDB)
The Browser Client provides access to the following CSM tools:
- Contact Manager: Use this tool to view Customer records.
- Table Management interface: Use this tool to view Lookup Object values.
- CMDB interface: Use this tool to view Configuration Item (CI) records.
In the Browser Client, Tools are accessed using the Tools drop-down or from Related Item selectors on Business Object records.
Related Item Selectors are configurable, can be added to any Form, and include:
- The Customer Selector that provides access to the:
- Contact Manager to quickly log who initiated a record.
- Customer Record to quickly view detailed information about the Customer.
- The CMDB Selector that provides access to the:
- CI database to quickly log the affected asset.
- CI Record to quickly view detailed information about the affected asset.
Good to know:
- Lookup Object values can be viewed and used in the Browser Client; however, values are managed (created, edited, deleted, etc.) and configured only in the CSM Desktop Client.
- Customer records and CI records can be viewed in their respective interfaces; however, records are created and deleted using the options on the Browser Client menu bar.
- The Contact Manager, Table Management interface, and CMDB interface utilize a Grid interface. Use the Grid capabilities (ex: Print, export, run an Action, sort, filter, size, move/reorder, and add/remove columns) to display only the data you want and in a way that is meaningful to you.