Browser Client Forms
Forms and Grids in the CSM Browser Client are very similar in appearance and functionality to Forms in the Desktop Client.
Using Forms in the Browser Client, Users can:
- View existing records (ex: Incident, Change, Problem, etc.).
- View child objects for records in the Form Arrangement (ex: Journals, Tasks, Queues, etc.).
- Log a record (ex: Incident, Change, Problem, etc.).
In the Browser Client, Form functionality is accessed using the New drop-down on the Browser Client menu bar to log a new record or by drilling down into a Widget, and then opening an existing record via a Grid.
Good to know:
- In addition to the record itself, Forms in the Browser Client contain a Form Arrangement area as they do in the CSM Desktop Client. The Form Arrangement contains child objects and supporting tabs (ex: Journal, Queues, Tasks, etc.).
- Users can now zoom into Fields by clicking the Text Editor button in a Field.
- Browser Client Forms feature splitters that help you size the Form Arrangement as needed.
- For more information about Forms and Form Arrangements, refer to the Forms documentation.