Edit Business Object Data in a mApp
- Add records (rows) with new data.
- Delete existing records.
- Update the data in a record.
- Clear all data from the table and replace it with new/updated data.
There are several ways to open the Data Editor.
To open the Data Editor:
- The Data Editor can be opened several ways in
- In the CSM Administrator Main Pane, click the Settings category, and then click the Table Management task.
- In a Blueprint or mApp, select a Supporting Object or Lookup Object (ex: Incident Category Lookup Object) from the Object tree in the Object Manager, and then click the Edit Data task in the Structure area.
- In the Validation/Auto-Populate page of the Field Properties window, when you select to validate a Field from a table, click the Edit Table Data button (activated after selecting a table in the drop-down).
- Menu bar: Displays a row of drop-down menus available in the Data Editor.
- Toolbar: Displays a row of buttons for operations available in the Data Editor.
Pane: Displays either the list of records in the data table (as a Grid),
or the details for the currently selected record (depending on the view you are
in). The Action column shows what will be done with the data in each row of the
table when the
mApp or Blueprint is applied/published.
Note: Select the Clear all data from destination table check box to have all existing data in the current system Lookup Object cleared out when the mApp or Blueprint is applied/published. If you want to keep any existing data, you must select the rows with the data you want to keep and click the Include in mApp or Blueprint button .
Good to know:
- The objects for which you are editing data are automatically added to the mApp For Reference Only if they are not already in the mApp.
- Because data is edited within a Blueprint or a mApp, the data in your system is not actually modified until the Blueprint is published or the mApp is applied.
- Business Object Data is limited to 1,000 records. You will receive a warning if you exceed that limit.