Define mApp Properties
Use the mApp properties window (accessed from within the mApp Editor) to define the following:
- General properties:
- Name and description: Specific name and description for the mApp.
- (Optional) Image: Image to represent the mApp.
- Created by: Name of mApp creator (individual or organization).
- (Optional) Details URL: Site that contains detailed information about the mApp.
- (Optional) Features: Definitions grouped together into subsections of functionality.
Good to know:
- General properties are displayed in the Apply mApp Wizard when system administrators apply a mApp to a CSM system, and in the Installed mApps window when Users view the mApps that have been installed in their systems.
- You must define at least general properties in order for the mApp to be considered ready for distribution.
- If you have Globalization and multiple cultures enabled for your system and translations that impact your mApp have been applied, you must define mApp properties for each culture. For more information, see Applying Translations to mApps.
- Business Object and CSM Item definitions can be grouped together into Features (subsections of functionality) using mApp conditions. Features can then be applied (or not) as a whole in the Apply mApp Wizard.
To define mApp properties:
- Open the mApp Editor
- From the mApp Editor menu bar, click File>mApp Properties.
- Click the
General Properties page.
- Define general properties for the
- Name: Provide a display name to use for the mApp.
- Description: Provide a description of the mApp. This should be as detailed as possible, as it is displayed in the Apply mApp Wizard.
- Image: Select an
image to associate with the
- None: Select this radio button to not associate an image with the mApp.
- File: Select this radio button to use an image for the mApp. Then, click the Ellipses button to browse to the location of the image file, select the file, and click Open.
- Created by: Provide the name of the organization or individual who created the mApp.
- Details URL: If detailed information about the mApp is available on a website, provide the URL here. Then, click the Ellipses button to navigate to the site (and ensure the URL is correct).
- Allow this
mApp to be applied to systems earlier than [CSM version]: Select this check box to allow Users to apply the
CSM systems that are older than the version from which the
mApp was created. In the
mApp Wizard, Users who apply a
mApp created from a
CSM system later than their current version are allowed to apply the
mApp, but with a warning that all functionality in the
mApp might not behave as expected. If this check box is not selected, the
mApp Wizard displays a message that Users must upgrade their
CSM systems to the same version as the
mApp before they can apply it.
Note: When you select this check box for a mApp created in CSM version 5.11 or later, you will receive a warning message that CSM versions below 5.11 do not check for a minimum version before applying a mApp.
- Click the
- (Optional) Define
Add to add a new Feature.
- Define general properties for the Feature:
- Name: Provide a name for the Feature.
- Description: Provide a description of the Feature. This is the text that explains the Feature to the administrator applying the mApp to his system, so ensure that the description is clear.
- This Feature is enabled by default: Select this check box to include the mApp Feature by default when the mApp is applied to a CSM system using the Apply mApp Wizard.
- Click Add to add a new Feature.
- Prepare the mApp for Distribution (File>Prepare mApp for distribution), or save the mApp (File>Save mApp to Disk) to continue making other changes.