Configure Merge Actions for Business Object Definitions
Merge actions determine how the system definitions in a mApp are merged into a target system when a mApp is applied. Use the Add Business Object to mApp Wizard as a convenient method of defining merge actions for Business Objects and their associated FIelds, Relationships, Forms, Grids, and Form Arrangements. The definitions added to a mApp using the wizard are imported into a target system when the mApp is applied, and the merge actions you select are applied to the definitions in the target system if they already exist. You can select from the following basic merge actions:
- Overwrite All: Overwrites all of the existing definitions of a particular type (ex: All Fields) in the target system, or adds them if they are not already there.
- Do Not Overwrite Any: Leaves all of the definitions of a particular type (ex: All Fields) in the target system unchanged (does not overwrite or add the definitions).
- Overwrite some (the Let me choose option in the wizard): Overwrites the selected definitions of a particular type (ex: Only the Fields you select).
However, you have some additional options available when you configure merge actions using the various properties windows (ex: Business Object Properties window, Relationship Properties window, etc.) within the mApp Editor:
- Import/Don't Import If Not Present: Imports or does not import the definition into the target system if it does not already exist.
- Remove: Removes the definition from the target system.
- For Reference Only: Includes the definition in the mApp for informational purposes only (the definition is not imported into the target system).
In addition, when you configure merge actions using the various properties windows, certain definitions that are imported into a target system have Merge as an available action. Merge means that you can select separate merge actions for individual areas of these system definitions. This is useful if the target system already has a version of the Business Objects included in a mApp and you only want to import/overwrite certain areas. Merge is available for the following definitions:
- Business Objects
- Form Arrangements
- Business Object Actions
To configure merge actions for Business Object definitions:
- Add a Business Object to a mApp using the Add Business Object to mApp Wizard.
- Configure merge actions for Business Objects.
- Configure merge actions for Fields.
- Configure merge actions for Relationships.
- Configure merge actions for Forms.
- Configure merge actions for Grids.
- Configure merge actions for Form Arrangements.
- Configure merge actions for Business Object Actions.
- Prepare the mApp for Distribution (File>Prepare mApp for distribution), or save the mApp (File>Save mApp to Disk) to continue making other changes.