Search in a CSM Item Manager
Use the CSM Item Manager Search Control (upper-right corner of each Item Manager) to find items by name or description (example: Find all Attachments that contain the word VPN).
Good to know:
- Press CTRL+F in an Item Manager to put focus on (jump the cursor to) the Search Control.
- Item Manager searches use AND logic.
- Wildcards (*, %) can be used.
- The search includes the name and description of items. For certain Managers (notably Attachment Manager), the contents of the item will also be searched.
- CSM searches the selected folder and its subfolders. (Typically, the
selected folder is scope.) Examples:
- If the root folder (Dashboards in the screenshot) is selected, all scopes and folders are searched.
- If the Team folder is selected, the Team folder and its subfolders are searched.
- If a Global subfolder is selected, only that subfolder and its
subfolders are searched.
Note: CSM searches only displayed folders (example: If you are not currently viewing all roles, then all roles would not be searched.
- Search results are displayed in a sortable Grid (Details View) in the Item Manager Main pane (all other View options are disabled).
- The Search Results Grid displays an additional column called Folder, which includes the scope and folder (example: Global/Availability or User (Bob)/My Stuff).
- When a search result is selected:
- Run, Edit, Delete, and Clipboard drag/drop operations work. Any copy/paste within the folder will maintain the same scope and folder as the original item.
- Add, New, and View buttons are disabled.
- A list of searches for the current session is displayed in the Item Manager Tree so Users can return to the search at any time during the session.
- Changing the association or closing the Manager clears the current search. Users can also right-click on the search folder and choose to remove search results.
To search in an Item Manager:
- Open a CSM Item Manager.
- Select a scope and subfolder (if needed).
Note: CSM searches a selected folder and its subfolders, so you can search all folders in the tree by selecting the top folder, or you can limit the search to a specific folder.
- Provide a
phrase in the Search Control.
Tip: Press CTRL+F to jump your cursor to the Item Manager's Search Control.
Go or press
Search results are displayed in a Grid in the Main pane. A list of searches for the session is displayed in the Item Manager Tree.Tip: To sort the results, click the column header to sort: the Up arrow sorts the column in ascending order (example: 1-10, A-Z, etc.); the Down arrow sorts the column in descending order (example: 10-1, Z-A, etc.).