Define Visibility for a Widget
Use the Dashboard Editor to define when to display or hide a Widget (Visibility). For example, display an SLA Widget on a Dashboard. When an SLA is in jeopardy of being breached, display a warning message (expression-driven visibility). By default, a Widget is always visible, unless defined (through an Expression) to be hidden.
Good to know:
- See Dashboard Editor Behaviors for tips on working with Widgets on Dashboards.
To define visibility for a Widget:
- Open a Dashboard in the Dashboard Editor
- Click a Widget.
- Click the
drop-down arrow on the Visibility button
, and then select one of the following options:
- Custom Expression: Select this option to open the Custom Expression Builder, and then create a custom Expression to use only for this scenario.
- Expression Manager: Select this option to open the Expression Manager, and then select an existing stored Expression or create a new stored Expression to use. Stored Expressions can be reused in numerous places in CSM.
- Clear Visibility Expression: Clears any visibility Expression so that the Widget is always visible.
Continue making changes, or click OK to save and close the editor.