Add a Widget to a Dashboard (General)
Use the Dashboard Editor to add one or many Widgets to a Dashboard simply by dragging them onto your Dashboard.
Good to know:
- Many Widgets have their own properties (ex: Refresh and filter properties). When a Widget is added to a Dashboard, the Dashboard can either honor the Widget's properties or override them.
- Button and Link Widgets have additional Widgets properties (Right-click>Control Properties) that must be configured after being added to a Dashboard (ex: You have to define the Action to execute).
- By default, most Widgets acquire their text properties (font family, size, and style), color (background, foreground, and border), border style, and background style properties from the defined Dashboard Theme; however, you can define your own properties, if needed.
- See Dashboard Editor Behaviors for tips on working with Widgets on Dashboards.
To add a Widget to a Dashboard (general):
- Open a Dashboard in the Dashboard Editor
- Drag-and-drop a Widget from the Widget pane onto the Dashboard.
- Configure/edit the Widget properties, if needed:
- Right-click the Widget, and then select Widget Properties.
- (Optional) After the Widget(s) are on the Dashboard, use the Dashboard Editor to define how each Widget looks and behaves on the Dashboard (ex: Text properties (font, font size, font style, text wrap), size, color (background, foreground, and border), background style and gloss, border style, alignment, anchoring, layering, and visibility).
Continue making changes, or click OK to save and close the editor.