Reset a Record ID Counter
Reset the Record ID number for each Business Object to ensure that new records begin with the appropriate value.
The following procedure must be completed for the following Business Object Record IDs:
- Incident ID
- Problem ID
- Change ID
- Knowledge Article ID
To reset the Record ID for Business Objects:
- In the CSM Administrator main window, click the Blueprints category, and then click the Create a New Blueprint task.
- From the
Editor menu bar, click
The Counter Manager opens.
- In the Manager tree, click the
A list of Blueprint-only items opens in the Manager main pane.
- Right-click the <Business Object> ID
(ex: IncidentID) and select
The Counter opens.
- Select the
Change Counter Value check box.
- In the Change Value To field, specify
Note: We recommend changing this value to 100000 for each Business Object ID, but Users can select any value to fit the needs of their company.
- Publish the Blueprint to commit the changes (File>Publish Blueprint).